Monday, December 7, 2009

Israel- Pool of Bethesda

The next stop while we were in the Old City was to the Pools of Bethesda and St Anne's Church. The Pool of Bethesda in the Bible is one of the locations where Christ healed the sick man. All that's left of the pools is ruins. It's a good example of how Jerusalem has been built upon itself. you can look down from the top to see the different layers of the city. Right next to the ruins for the Pool of Bethesda is located St Anne's Church. It's actually on of the lightest churches that we went into. One reason was probably because of how high the ceilings are. It was also the church with the best acoustics. We actually took a few minutes to sing a couple hymns in the church. We sounded amazing, I think I could have continued to sing in that church. When I'm ready to record my first album I know where I want to go to do it.

No comments: