Sunday, December 13, 2009

Israel- Garden Tomb & Golgotha

Our next stop was to the Garden Tomb and Golgotha. It was raining outside, but fortunately it slowed down enough for us to get some pictures in. One of the up side, the rain probably made the Garden a little less crowded. We started out by looking at Golgotha. It was interesting to see the place where the skull was on the rock. I never really thought that the Garden Tomb and Golgotha were as close as they are. We actually stood in the garden to look out at the hillside. The Garden Tomb is located in a beautifully kept garden just outside the city walls. It was such a peaceful place, especially with the rain. We had some time to walk around and take pictures. we also had a little time in a set apart chapel to have a devotional and a testimony meeting. My favorite part about the garden was seeing the empty tomb. Inside the tomb there is a sign that says "He is not here, for he is risen". I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have that Jesus Christ is my living Savior. It means something more to know that Jesus Christ is alive and willing and able to help me in my times of need. He loves me and all his brothers and sisters. He completed the Atonement and Resurrection for all those on the earth. It's such a beautiful place and I'm thankful for the peace and confirmation of the spirit that it's true. He is not here, for he is risen.

No comments: