Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Arizona State Fair

So the Saturday I flew back from Israel I had my roommate pick me up at the airport so that we could go right to the Arizona State Fair. I typically wouldn't have tried to pack that much into one day, but I didn't want to miss my favorite part of the State Fair. That would be the demolition derby. I was actually introduced to demolition derbies about 3 years ago when I moved to Arizona. For those of you who don't know what a demolition derby is I've posted a short video, but basically what happens is that they take old cars and play with them.
Then they take those cars and it's basically the last car moving is the winner. They spend a few minutes ramming into each other in a mud field. It's amazing how quick you pick a car you want to win. It's enjoyable not only to watch the demolition derby, but to also watch the people that are there. After the demolition derby we spent some time walking around the rest of the fair. We had to get something fried to eat (since that's what you do at the fair). There were a few people that actually got (and ate) chocolate covered scorpions. I was not one of those people, but I did take pictures to document it. We played some fair games, but couldn't seem to win any of the big prizes... actually we couldn't win any of the prizes. Finally my roommate decided to play a game that she would win. Some game on the iPhone, but she won that was all that mattered.

No comments: