Friday, December 4, 2009

Israel- Masada

Next on the trip was out to Masada. Masada is one of Herod's fortresses built on a plateau over looking the Dead Sea. The fortress covered most of the plateau. A one time the plateau was covered with a palace, church, bathhouse, storehouse, actually all the amenities in any of Herod's cities could be found for the most part. All that is left of it is ruins though. There were some beautiful mosaic floors and some frescos on the wall. The hardest part for me about seeing all the ruins is having the desire to see what the buildings would have looked like when they were originally built. It was a beautiful day to be walking around outside. Honestly I don't think we could have asked for better weather. The sun was shining, but there were enough clouds in the sky to keep it cool. Speaking of the clouds they were amazing... I love the couple of shots that I captured for them. I love the sky and the clouds, so I'm always so excited when I can get good pictures of the sky.

No comments: