Sunday, November 4, 2012

Grandma is Amazing!

So first let me just say that I am so grateful for my mother. She was able to come out and stay with us for the first week I was home. It was so wonderful to have someone around to help out. She helped cook and clean up, I was able to get a couple naps in while she would watch Hailey and in general it was just nice to have someone here who has been through it all before.

She is definitely a proud grandma. I think during the last couple weeks of my pregnancy every time I would call my mom she would ask if our little girl had come yet. Hailey is her first grand baby, so understandably she is very excited. I think the first thing she did when she got out here to Phoenix was hold Hailey. So proud.

Now if having grandma here wasn't enough, I learned that my mother is a VERY talented seamstress. I've experienced her talent in the past when she has made dresses for me, but this is super impressive. Some of you might remember when we got this chair with our crib.
The frame was in wonderful condition, but the cushions had definitely seen their fair share of use. I even mentioned that I might try my hand at reupholstering the chair. Since I was so busy with everything before the baby came I never really got around to doing that (which to be honest is probably a good thing, since it would have been a very difficult project). So in an attempt to clean up the cushions we tried to run them through the wash. Now you will note that I say TRY, because they weren't really cushions when they came out of the wash and the wash didn't really do much to help them out. So while my mom was in town she did an amazing thing... she took the chair above (which actually looked worse after the washing machine) and turned it into a BEAUTIFUL chair.
Like I mentioned before I knew my mom was talented, but maybe being a grandma makes her AMAZING! Thanks again for such a wonderful chair mom. It's made those night feedings so much more comfortable.

No comments: