Saturday, November 10, 2012

Hailey's Baby Blessing

One of the wonderful blessings of being a member of the church is the opportunity to give our sweet little girl a name and a blessing. For Hailey this happened when she was just two weeks old. She is given a blessing by those holding the Melchizedek Priesthood. In this blessing her name is stated and than she receives a blessing from her Heavenly Father. It was a wonderful blessing that Dan was able to pronounce upon her. I'm so grateful for a husband who is worthy and willing to hold the Priesthood in our family. Since the act of naming a giving a blessing is considered an ordinance in the church Hailey wore white. Actually she wore the same dress that me and my sisters received our blessings in. I thought that was really cool. Some of my family was actually able to come out for the weekend. (We missed those who couldn't make it).    
Hailey in the same blessing dress I wore
 Our cute little family
 The proud grandparents
Three generations

No comments: