Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Baby Update

So I took this pictures last week, hoping that I would find time to post them some time this week and here we are, so they are a week late, but it doesn't mean we aren't excited.

I had another appointment with the doctor at 24 weeks and everything is going well. Heart beat sounds good, and my weight gain seems to be on track. As you can see from the picture our little girl is starting to make room for herself in my tummy.
I have started to feel her kick with more aggressively lately, which is kind of fun. I can know tell you they are kicks and not just flutters. Dan asked me the other day what it felt like, and the best way I could describe it was kind of like a bubble popping in your stomach.

In other news, we got ourselves a pack-n-play, from a couple on craigslist. It just so happened that when Dan was up there picking up from them he noticed they also had a crib that they were trying to get rid of. Along with the crib they were giving away a glider chair, so now we have all the furniture. The next task is I need to find fabric I like to create the baby blanket. Also, if we get ambitious enough, we might try reupholstering the chair. It's a project, but it could be fun.

4 comments:

Diana and Scott said...

Shell, we are so excited for you! It's going to be fun having our girls so close together. I'm excited for this Thanksgiving! You guys are coming, right? You look fabulous! Love you!

Laura said...

OOOH! Beautiful crib! And I love the other furniture you were able to get! Fun prep for baby! Congrats, again!

Tina said...

I'm jealous that you got ALL of your stuff you need! And it's actually cute things for a good deal too! I feel like my bump is huge compared to yours, but you are looking so cute, wish I could see it in person!

shell-bell said...

Well you are having two remember :)