Wednesday, August 13, 2008

1 year down... 29 to go!

Well today I am celebrating a very momentous occasion. I've been in my house now for one year. It's crazy to think that I've really been in it for that long. I very happy with all that I've done in the first year:
  • painted and decorated the living room, kitchen and dinning room (I love that I went with the red)
  • finally had place to put a piano, so I bought one. I love being able to play whenever I want
  • added the handles to the kitchen cabinets
  • painted and decorated the downstairs bathroom (I've got to have something that reminds me of the beach and home)
  • finished the backyard (I still need to pick up some dirt and plants, but I'm almost there)
  • finally set up my wireless internet (I did that last week... now if only my computer battery could handle it I could walk around the house on the computer, but the laptop is going on 6 years, and the battery just doesn't hold its charge very well, so I'm still attached to the wall)
  • got the first dent in the wall (that actually happened the first week I was in the house when the movers came with the fridge)
  • got the first stain in the carpet (I probably shouldn't paint my toenails on the carpet... especially when I'm using red nail polish)

Overall it's been a great experience to have the house... so here's to 29 more years!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yea for your house! I need to come see it. And I love the beach pictures you did. Those are great! AND I am way impressed by your framing the mirror by yourself. You are so talented!

shell-bell said...

Well you and Chris need to plan a trip down here... maybe this fall when its nice weather. You can get a break from the cold Utah weather. But know that you are welcome WHENEVER!