Friday, July 10, 2009

Goblin Valley

After the exciting dirt road trip we made it to Goblin Valley. There is actually where we meet up with my parents. They came out to join us camping. At first we set up camp... although we didn't set much up. It was super windy at the campground so we didn't actually set up the tent. From there we decided to go over to the actual Valley of Goblins and hike around. (Note: since it was so windy I didn't take my camera so all the photo credits go to my sister or my dad.)
If you ever get the chance to head out to Goblin Valley you definitely should. It's kind of funny, because the land all around is nothing special, but as soon as you get into the valley there are a bunch of cool formations called "goblins".
We spent few hours hiking around. It wasn't windy over in the valley, so it was super nice. We hiked up a whole bunch of the canyons. It was so fun, but I love just to scramble over rocks.
After hiking around we headed back to camp. The wind has actually died down, so it was really nice over at the camp ground. We finally got the chance to have a camp fire. We found a little scorpion friend my our campfire. He didn't last long though, everyone was scared of him. It was the perfect night to sit around and have a camp fire.

No comments: