Friday, July 10, 2009

4th of July

So following tradition I went home to California for the 4th of July. It's not like I want to hang around Phoenix, because for it was suppose to be 110 most of the weekend. I drove home Friday morning. I spent Friday afternoon just hanging out with my family at home. Saturday which was the 4th we followed tradition by going to the beach. It was a gorgeous day at the beach. We got down to the beach around 8:30 and there was no marine layer at all. (If you're not familiar with the California coast there are usually low clouds that hang around the coast.) So to have clear skies that early in the morning it was really nice.We spent the day just enjoying the wonderful weather, being around good people and eating delicious food. The best part of the day is when it starts getting dark and everyone is getting ready for the fireworks. We sit around in anticipation for something to start. We probably waited around for an hour. Than when it was dark they always shoot the fireworks off of the pier. It's kind of cool to see the fireworks with their reflections over the ocean. It's also nice to hear the sound of the waves crashing as you're watching the fireworks. To me it's the only way to spend the 4th of July, so I'm glad that I got to go home for it again.

No comments: