Saturday, March 28, 2009

Key Lime Cheesecake Bars

Just in case you thought that last one was the last of my baking ones... you are wrong. Like I said I've been doing a lot of it. This recipe is actually one that I wanted to make for a while. We are having dinners tomorrow for our Ward, so I decided it would be a good place to try this one out.

Key Lime Cheesecake Bars

6 squares graham crackers, finely crushed
2 Tbsp margarine, melted
1 tsp sugar
1 small pkg lime flavored gelatin
3/4 cup boiling water
1 16-oz container cottage cheese
1 8-oz pkg cream cheese
1 8-oz container whipped topping

Combine graham crackers, margarine and sugar. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of a 2-quart square baking dish. Refrigerate while preparing filling.

Combine gelatin and water. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.

in blender or food processor combine cottage cheese and cream cheese. Cover and blend or process until smooth, stopping several times to scrape down sides. Whisk 1/2 cup of the cottage cheese mixture into the gelatin mixture. Whisk in remaining cottage cheese mixture until smooth. Fold in whipped dessert topping. Spoon filling over chilled crumb mixture.

Cover and refrigerate 8 to 24 hours or until filling is firm. To serve, cut in squares.

I have tried this one yet, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be good. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ms. Green Eyes said...

These sound so good and I am wanting one now! But I don't have 75% of the ingredients. :(