Saturday, October 9, 2010

Gratitude

So these thoughts come from a combination of something that my sister posted and something that President Thomas S. Monson talked about during General Conference this last weekend. President Monson said that
"We need to focus on our blessings rather than focus on the things we lack"

So I've been thinking a ton this week about the things that I am grateful for and trying to think of ways that I could express that gratitude. So here is a list of things that I am grateful for (in no particular order):
  1. a job that challenges me
  2. my house
  3. my car
  4. my health
  5. wonderful supportive parents
  6. concerned grandparents
  7. my siblings
  8. the gospel
  9. good friends
  10. opportunities to travel
  11. cooler weather
  12. the rain
  13. plants in my backyard that are still alive
  14. orange Thai silk flats that go with anything
  15. my favorite jeans
  16. playing ultimate frisbee with friends
  17. cleats when I play ultimate frisbee
  18. air conditioning
  19. good music
  20. my piano and the ability to play it
  21. my Savior
  22. the Temple (specifically the Mesa Temple)
  23. the daily reminders that I have a Heavenly Father that loves me
  24. Thanksgiving with the family
  25. airplanes that make travel possible
  26. my journals (they are funny to go back and read... crazy to see how I have changed)
  27. my computer
  28. my camera
  29. my memory (even though I wonder if I'm losing it sometimes)
  30. the beauty of the earth around me
  31. family vacations and all the good memories
  32. good books
  33. the ability to change and grow
I'm sure there are more I'll just have continue to add to this list.

No comments: