Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Trust

I've been reminded lately about the need for me to trust in my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. With that in mind I was reminded of a talk by one of my favorite general authorities, Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin. The talk was titled "Come What May, and Love It". He talks about four things which can help when we feel we are in the midst of trials in our lives. He talks about the need to learn to laugh, keep an eternal perspective, to understand the principle of compensation and to trust in the Father and the Son. Of all the things that I read this is the quote that stood out to me the most.

“The simple secret is this: put your trust in the Lord, do your best, then leave the rest to Him.”

It was a good reminder that he really does want what's best for me, so here's to learning to have more trust in Him, His timing and path in life for me.

1 comment:

Ms. Green Eyes said...

One of my favorite talks, too. :)