Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Grand Canyon

So I'm finally catching up...

So about a week and a half ago on my Friday off I went up to the Grand Canyon with my friend Jeremy. He has lived in Arizona for a while but hasn't been to the Grand Canyon before (except for the time when he was 4 that he doesn't really remember). It always amazes me when people who live in Arizona haven't been to the Grand Canyon. I think that I've been to the Grand Canyon at least once a year since I moved to Arizona. I love it! Anyways we both had the day off, so we decided to head north. It was a beautiful day to be up at the Grand Canyon. It was a super clear day, but there was still lots of snow on the rim. It wasn't a big issue until we tried to go down the trail. We went down Kaibab trail to Cedar Ridge. There was snow on the switch backs which made them a little slippery. The hike down to Cedar Ridge is a nice little hike for the day. It's enough to say that you've been down into the canyon, but not to get totally worn out. We also spent some time in the village. Then for sunset we headed out to Desert View for sunset. It's actually one of my favorite places to view sunset, because of the angle of the sun on the canyon walls. It got a little chilly as the sun started to set. Overall it was a great trip, beautiful as always. The company wasn't too bad either. If you are interested in seeing more photos they are all here. Note that I haven't edited any of them yet and that there are tons of them, but if you are interested they are all there.

No comments: