Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Elephant Mountain Hike

So this last weekend Michelle and I ventured up to Cave Creek to Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area to hike Elephant Mountain. Supposedly it is called Elephant Mountain cause that's what it's shaped like.I didn't really see it, but I guess maybe someone saw it. The hike is one that Michelle found for us. Once again it was a gorgeous day to be outside hiking. It was over cast in the morning, but by the time we were done hiking the sky had cleared up a bit. Thanks to the rain that we've had lately the desert is starting to bloom. Not everything is blooming yet, but it's starting. I love the to see the contrast between all the green with the bright blossoms on the plants. They stand out so much! Overall it was really just a great hike. I love seeing new places especially places a beautiful as Cave Creek and Elephant Mountain!

No comments: