Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Florida... round one

Just in case any of you were concerned I am still around. Actually I'm now back in Phoenix trying to get some stuff done here before the holidays come.

My trip to Florida went so fast, because of the long hours that I was working. (69 hours in a week is more than I've ever put in). It seems all I did was wake up... go to work and then go back to the hotel at night. There were some days when I don't think that I even saw the sun. Thank goodness those aren't my regular working hours, cause I don't think that I could do it.

So the beach was only about 2 miles from the office. It was funny, because every day the guys there would ask if I'd gone down to the beach yet. Of course not... all my time was spent in the office when there was any sunlight. Finally on Saturday we ended up working only half a day (8 hours... but that's not much compared to the others). Since I had the afternoon off I headed down to at least see the beach with one of my co-workers.

It was an absolutely beautiful afternoon. The sun was shining and the weather was in the 80s. Which isn't much different than Phoenix at this time of year. But the humidity was pretty low... which anywhere that's humid is more humid than Phoenix.

The beach was littered with sea shells... it makes for beautiful white sand, but it's not so friendly on the feet. I honestly don't think I've seen that many shells at one time. I even grabbed a few to bring home for my bathroom... now I can say that I have some real sea shells.

I ended up walking up and back down the beach for probably 5 miles. It was just so nice to be outside and walking around. It's amazing how relaxing the sand and the waves can be.

Well it was a beautiful day at the beach and at least I can say that I've seen it now. I can't really say that I got out to see much more of Naples. Like I said busy working. Maybe next time I'll get out to see some more. If I do I will definitely post pictures.

2 comments:

Austin said...

Well, I think that 69 hours in a week is the most you have ever done for work anyways. You seem like the type that would easily do that in college.

shell-bell said...

okay... well that's true, but in my defense there is something different about putting in 69 hours at school and 69 hours at work. ;)