Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Squaw Peak

So this weekend my friend Austin came down to visit... I love to have people visit, because it gets me out to see things around the city. Squaw peak is located in downtown Phoenix. It's one kind of cool thing about Phoenix are the "mountains" that are located in the middle of the city. The hike to the top was 1.2 miles but it was you gain more than 1,200 feet on the trail.

Since there is so much elevation gained on the trail you can usually see a good view of the valley. Unfortunately Friday wasn't really a clear day in the valley. It's always nice to see a layer of haze laying over the valley.

Actually there were tons of people on the trail on Friday. I was actually a little surprised at the number of people that we were passing. I think that along the 1.2 mile hike we saw more than 150 people. When we got to the top we discovered why. There was actually a Phoenix City challenge. The challenge was the seven summit challenge. Basically in the one day your suppose to seven peaks in the valley. I think maybe next year I'll look into it.

No comments: