Monday, October 27, 2008

So I'm done and the verdict is...

... I'll let you know how I did in 13 weeks when I get my results back.

So for any of you who didn't know I took my Professional Engineering (PE) Exam this past weekend. I drove out to California with a friend on Thursday. Friday morning I headed down to Del Mar way to early to be ready to take the Civil portion of the PE exam. I've decided that it's hard for me to sit for a 8 hour exam. I just don't have the patience any more. But honestly when it was all done on Friday I felt okay (much more relaxed than I'd been on Thursday). Needless to say I was exhausted on Friday night. I think I barely made it home before I was ready to crash in my bed. Saturday morning was round 2 the Seismic portion of the exam (specific only to California). It was probably the hardest of the test. Fortunately it was only 2 1/2 hours long (still a long time for a test). Saturday afternoon was the last portion of the test the Survey portion (specific only to California). It was only a 2 1/2 hour test, so not too bad, and I think that I did okay on it as well. So overall not a horrible experience, a little anticlimactic... but I'll just have to wait the 13 weeks until I get my responses back.

2 comments:

Clark said...

Wow, I had no idea you took the test in California. Good for you. I'm sure you'll pass. What did you do for prep?

shell-bell said...

yeah... kind of crazy that I've taken the PE exam. I reviewed the Civil book, and worked out lots of example problems. If you have any questions about it I'm more than willing to tell you.