Monday, October 13, 2008

Draw closer to Him.


So yesterday I went to a wonderful fireside where I was privileged to her the words (and see the works) of a wonderful artist, Greg Olsen. For those of you unfamiliar with his artwork he has created some wonderful images of the Savior. During his talk last night he talked about the need for us to become as little children and the need for us to draw closer to our Savior. He reminded us that the relationship that we have with our Savior is a family relationship. He is our elder brother. Sometimes I find myself forgetting that he is my brother and treating him more like the removed God he is to other Christians. Last night was just a good reminder that he is my elder brother and because of that he loves me very deeply. Brother Olsen also reminded us that Christ was human. He came to earth to feel everything we feel... joy, hunger, pain, excitement, fear, sorrow, etc. And because of the Atonement he has felt and knows everything that we will feel. So don't only does he love us, but he can carry us through our struggle and pains, and he wants to share in our joys. Basically it was just a good reminder that He cares!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Shelly - I love his artwork! I think that once we have our own place, I will decorate the kids' rooms with Greg Olsen artwork. Then, when they move out I will give each of them one of the paintings. What a great opportunity to listen to him at a fireside.