Saturday, October 4, 2008

My garden experiment!

So I've FINALLY finished the backyard! I'm so excited to see it all come together. Friday morning I went out to buy some plants. I got some star jasmine and new guinea impatiens for the side yard. I found some starters for tomatoes, red peppers and yellow peppers that I planted in the middle planter. Hopefully they'll make it before the frost (which here in Phoenix doesn't usually happen until late December or January)
And I planted some seed in the other planter... peppers, onions and cilantro.
So I realized this weekend that I have very little gardening experience, so it will be interesting to see how well all of these plants do. I guess it's never bad to learn a new skill, so I'm excited to have the opportunity to do so.

We'll just have to see in a little while it I can get any fruits from my labors!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Shelly, wow -- it looks great! I'm so glad your backyard project is finished. You've done an incredible job -- I'm so proud of you! love, mom

Laura said...

Gardens are one thing I cannot wait to have more room for - my dad has grapes and some fruit trees in Payson and I am so excited for them! He also had TONS of flowers in his flower beds this past summer. I can't wait to hear how your gardens turn out - they definitely look gorgeous already!

Sarah F. said...

Looks good! I'm so impressed!