Friday, March 4, 2011

Finally getting the hang of it...

So this year I had a couple of friends convince to to join VOTs. It's a ultimate frisbee league here in Phoenix. I've been playing pick up ultimate for almost all five years that I've been here in Phoenix, so I thought that it would be an interesting challenge. And it has definitely been that. The season definitely didn't start out very well. Our first game was on an especially cold and windy night here in Phoenix. About half way through the game I ended up getting cleated by someone on the other team. My foot was so numb that I couldn't feel anything which is probably a good thing, since the cleating did some damage. Fortunately I got over that and we are now 5 weeks into the season and I finally feel like I'm getting the hang of things. Strategy is a little different than when we play pick up and I'm never sure where I am suppose to be on the field. Last night during the game I think something finally clicked. It could be the fact that I caught the frisbee in the end zone for a score, or it really could be that I stopped thinking so hard about things, but either way I'm starting to get the hang of it, so hopefully it only gets better.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You must have today off ;)
Lots and lots of blogging going on after a long silence.

Jeremy said...

Wait what? It wasn't my amazing coaching? lol glad you feel like you are getting it now. :)

katilda said...

and let me just point out that your endzone catch was quite epic!! we'll work on getting the hang of that stupid ho-stack together so we're not just running in circles out there in our vomit-colored jerseys...