Sunday, May 23, 2010

Gila Valley Temple

So last week I had the opportunity to travel out to the Gila Valley Temple to visit the open house for the newly constructed Gila Valley Temple. It's always an amazing opportunity to go and see the temple. I love that with all the temples that are built the personality of the surrounding area are built into them. It was really pretty to see it all.

Than today I had an even rarer opportunity. Today was the dedication for the Gila Valley Temple. I love that the church has now gone to broadcasting dedications to regional areas. It use to be a once in a life time opportunity to attend a temple open house. It still is something that not everyone will be able to experience in their life, but it's more common. President Eyring said something that really hit home to me today. He said that the temple is love. That's what I feel every time I am there. Not only do I feel the love of my Heavenly Father, but I feel love for all the people that are there with me. I am so thankful not only for the opportunity that I had last week to visit the temple and the opportunity that I had to be at the temple dedication today, but I'm so glad that I am able to attend the temple on regular basis and be able to feel the love of the Lord in my life.

No comments: