Saturday, August 22, 2009

Construction

So in my time spent in Cambodia I noticed a few things that were interesting. So Cambodia is a third world country, but there is definitely some development going on, they just do things a little different than they are done here in the states. Along the side of the one of the roads were were driving down I saw them hand forming concrete pipe. In the one hotel that we were staying in they were completing another building across the road. The building was probably five stories, but all the scaffolding used on the building was made out of wood. It all seemed to be leaning to one side. I don't think I would have been up on the scaffolding. They had also worked up a pulley system to get the supplies they needed to the top of the building. Amazing to see how things are done.

No comments: