Friday, January 16, 2009

Glass & Nature

So this last weekend I got to use my camera for the first time. My friend Brennan (who is also into photography) asked if I wanted to go down to the Desert Botanical Garden to check out an exhibit they have there. The exhibit is called Chihuly: The Nature of Glass. The Desert Botanical Garden is all outside, which means that the exhibit that was all outside. The one of the benefits of living in Arizona. The weather is nice enough to have art exhibits outside. It was actually a really cool exhibit so here are some of the pictures that I took. I think that what the artist Dale Chihuly does with glass is so amazing. I'm not sure if I like the exhibit better at night or during the day. We both had a great time and enjoyed taking millions of pictures. I guess that's the good thing about having a friend who enjoys photography as much as I do, because that means every time (every 10 seconds) that I stop to take another picture he doesn't get annoyed. Anyways if you want to see more pictures click here. If you ever get the chance to see his work you should definitely see it.

1 comment:

Sarah F. said...

Fun pictures! I love the bright colors against the dark sky. That guy has a big tall "exhibit" in Salt Lake... pretty weird, but cool.