Saturday, July 19, 2008

D'backs Game

So after living in Arizona for 2 years I have fianlly made it to a Diamondbacks baseball game. I can't say that I'm a huge baseball fan, but a game evey once in a while is fun.

I got the tickets from work and decided to invite a group of friends to come with me. The Diamondbacks play at a really nice stadium called Chase Field. Living in Arizona during the summer means that the temperature dosen't drop below 100 until well after dark, so the stadium was closed when the game started at 6:40. And the stadium is also air conditioned... a huge bill I'm sure, but it does feel good.
The game was against the Los Angles Dodgers. The first three innings of the game were pretty exciting... we looked like we were going to take it. After the third inning we didn't score again, so I kept busy by trying to figure out what all the number (statistics) on the board were for. I really don't know anything about baseball, so I was constantly asking my neighbors what everything ment... Yes I'm that girl who goes to the game and what's to know what's going on, but doesn't have a clue. (Don't get me wrong I understand the general game, but not all the numbers.)

I think that the only way that I made it through the game was because my friends were there with me. The Dodgers ended up tying the game in the top of the 8th inning pushing us into a longer game. After 11 innings (8 of which were scoreless for the Dbacks) we were ready to be done, so when the Dodgers scored a home run in the 11th inning we were so excited. (I know I should be cheering on my team, but like I said I don't really care about baseball.)
All I really wanted to see were the fire works. So remember how I said the stadium had a closed roof for the game, well they had to open it for the fire works. It's pretty impressive to see them open the roof. It really onlt took about 10 minutes if even. (It's funny that I get excited for the engineering stuff...)

Well the fire works were well worth the 11 inning game, they were really good! It was a fun time, and know I can say I've been to Chase Field.

No comments: