Sunday, July 13, 2008

The best trip to the Grand Canyon ever!


So I actually heard about this last year when I went up to the Grand Canyon with my family. There is a photography workshop up at the Grand Canyon during the month of July. The workshop is put on by Canon. So I got a group to go up with me. I talked some wonderful girls into tagging along with me. (Thanks guys) We all went up and for the workshop they give you a digital SLR camera to use during the class. That was enough to make me happy, I just love using the camera and having a little more control of the picture. They took us out to take pictures and give some lessons on how to use the camera. They will send us the pictures in a couple weeks, so as soon as I get them I'll post some. Until than I'll post some that I took on my camera.

The class was in the morning put in the afternoon we spent walking around the South Rim Village of the Grand Canyon.

We went up Friday night, but didn't get there until after midnight, becuase we hit some bad traffic on the road (a 3 1/2 hour trip turned into a 6 1/2 trip). Thank goodness for good company. When we got in we set up camp and went to bed. I forgot how much I love camping.

The next morning we woke up and headed off to the class. We spent the morning taking pictures. A thounderstorm blew in during the afternoon, which made for some beautiful clouds. The thing I hate is that pictures just don't do justice, but I was trying to capture the sun light coming through the clouds.

We ended up leaving Saturday night because it was raining too hard. It was beautiful! And I love using the nice camera... I think they do it so you want to buy one. Well it got me thinking about it. Maybe someday. ;)


If you want to see more of the pictures that I took with my camera feel free to check them out here. http://picasaweb.google.com/shelly.mcconnell/71208GrandCanyon

1 comment:

Melanie said...

It looks so beautiful. I will definitely have to visit the Grand Canyon someday.