Sunday, July 1, 2012

Bedroom project

This is a project that I have been meaning to get around to for almost a year now. It's been sitting on my project table upstairs just waiting to be done. Well a couple Saturdays ago when I was feeling super productive I finally finished them. 

It was probably about a year ago that I picked up three canvas boards from a local second hand store. Originally I looked at getting news ones, but these were significantly cheaper and with a little white paint as a base coat they looked the same. 

Ultimately the idea for the boards is something that I found and "pinned" on Pinterest a while back. Ask anyone who knows me well, I have a thing for words in my house. I think every room in my house has something spelled on the wall. I figure it will help my kids learn to read earlier.

So since I decided that I was going to be productive and finish up the projects that I had before starting more projects I went to the store and picked up some letters. 

For the other two boards I used the pillows on our bed as a starting point. It took a little creativity with painters tape, three colors of spray paint, a little patience and I ended up with a finished product that I was pretty happy with. The picture of the finished product isn't the best, but it's nice to finally have them up on the walls.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Looks wonderful! I might copy the letters onto canvas idea; I love the 3-D!