Thursday, April 8, 2010

One by One

First of all I need to say that I LOVE the temple. There is such a peace that comes when I am there. The temple has been closed for the past two weeks, so when I was able to go yesterday I really enjoyed just being there. There is a painting that I always look at as I leave the temple. It's one of Christ teaching and blessing the children on the American continent during his visit here. (I couldn't find the painting that was in the temple, but I also love the one above.) I think I love the painting so much, because it reminds me of one of my favorite parts of the Book of Mormon. It's 3 Nephi 17:11-12, 21-24. It's were Christ commands that the children be brought to him. He takes the children and blesses them one by one. That phrase one by one really stood out to me yesterday when I was reading there and in 3 Nephi 11:13-17 where Christ commands all the people to come forth and touch the nail prints in his hands and feet. I think that both of these passages help remind me that both my Savior Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father know who I am and want to have that one on one relationship with me. That as an individual I am important, that includes my thoughts, prayers, hopes, dreams and fears. It's important for me to remember that as I draw myself closer to my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ, that it's me that's important to them. That they know me. I can't wait for the day when I, like those in the Book of Mormon, will be able to stand before Christ and see the nail prints in his hand. Until then I will continue to work on building a relationship one on one with my Savior Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

Ms. Green Eyes said...

Beautiful thoughts, Shel.