Sunday, April 11, 2010

Crock Pot White Chicken Chili

So I love any recipe that can be cooked in a crock pot because it's super easy. I tried this one on Sunday and it was great, so I figured I would pass it on.

Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken
  • 2 cans great northern beans or navy beans
  • 1 can hominy or white corn
  • 1 envelope taco seasoning
  • 1 can of chopped green chilies
  • 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • monterey jack cheese
Directions
  • Place chicken in a crock pot.
  • Top with beans and corn.
  • In a medium bowl, combine taco seasoning, chilies, condensed soup, and chicken broth. Pour over top of ingredients in the crock pot.
  • Cook for 6 to 8 hours on low.
  • Before serving, stir gently to break up chicken, then stir in the sour cream.
  • Serve topped with jack cheese and chips.
It was really tasty, so if you are looking for something new to try I would recommend it.

3 comments:

Ms. Green Eyes said...

This sounds so yummy. I'm going to try it this week. How many hours in the crock pot?

Ms. Green Eyes said...

I'm not very smart- I see where it says how long, now. I'm trying it tomorrow! Thanks!

Dad said...

We are having a variation of this today. We thought it sounded good (( except for the canned Hominey )).