Monday, December 8, 2008

Key West

So Sundays I don't have to worry about work at all (thank goodness). So Sunday morning I finally got to wake up when I wanted to... no to an alarm. Then I headed off to a local ward here. The Bonita Springs ward... it's not really large, but it was a ward. That's actually one thing that I really like about the church no matter where you go you can find a ward and it's the same as church. After church I decided to take a little drive. Actually it wasn't all that little of a drive. I decided to drive down to Key West. It's about a 5 hour drive, but it was definitely worth it. First I took US-41 west. It travels across the Cypress National Preserve and Everglades National Park. It was a really cool... and had it not been for the fact that I wanted to get to Key West before the sunset I drove through. (Maybe I'll have to go back to see more.) Then I took US-997 south. It traveled through a whole bunch of nurseries. I think you could probably find any plant you wanted. Then I finally reached US-1. It was only 124 miles to Key West. The drive was actually really cool, but since I was driving I couldn't take very many pictures of the trip down. It's a really cool drive and some day I'll have to go back when I can take more pictures. When I got down to Key West I drove around the island for a little bit until I found a place to park close to the water.The water was that amazing color of blue. It was so pretty.Then I drove around the island some more until I found a parking spot next to a beach that I could walk out onto. I was even able to take a picture of myself (to prove I was there). Thank goodness for the self timer feature on the camera.Then I waited on the beach until the sun almost went down. It was very picturesque. I didn't stay until sunset though, because I had a long drive back.But while I was driving away with Key West and sun in the rear view mirror I decided that I had to stop to take a picture cause it would just be so sad to miss the beautiful colors.The rest of the drive wasn't too bad. A little long, but definitely worth it. I'm so glad that I've have the opportunity to be down in in Florida. Not only for the opportunities that I've had at work, but also for the things that I've been able to see.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love the pictures! What an amazing opportunity to have time to drive around while you're in Florida! Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures!