Friday, September 5, 2008

The trip continues....

Thursday night Melissa and I stay out at our cousins house in Magna. Once again I love that we found a place to crash.

Friday morning we headed up to Kaysville to see my Aunt Diana, cousin Alicia and her son Porter. It was the first that I've seen Porter and he is already so big. It was really fun to visit with them for a little while. From there we headed down to Bountiful to stop by and see our Grandparents. They are doing well and it's been a while since I've seen them, so once again is was good to visit. That's something that I really enjoy doing. Visiting friends and family always seems to make me happy!

From there we headed down to Provo one more time to stop by and visit Marie before heading out. She seemed to be doing very well.

Thursday night we were staying at my Aunt's house in Gunlock (just outside of St. George). Since it wasn't a long drive Melissa and I decided to take a detour though Ceder Breaks. It's a turn off just north of Ceder City that takes you up through the mountains through Bryan Head and into Ceder Breaks National Monument. Ceder Breaks is very similar to Bryce Canyon, but on a much smaller scale. You can basically drive along the rim of the canyon and there are a few places to stop and take pictures.


It is beautiful, so it was definitely worth the drive. And an added bonus is that I got to use my National Parks Pass again. I have definitely gotten my money worth out of the pass, so I won't complain... and I will probably be buying one again next year. I love getting out and seeing the world.

Well after our short detour we made it down to Gunlock where we spent the night hanging out with family. Gunlock is always such a fun place to visit. There are so many good memories associated with the place. The next morning we hung around for a little bit, but had to get on the road again so that we could get back to California.

Saturday even we spent hanging out with the family and Sunday was Rob's mission report. It all went really well. After church on Sunday I was back in the car for the drive back home to Phoenix. The drive wasn't too bad, but I'll tell you that I was definitely ready to get out of the car.

Well it's been a great week! I got to see lots of friends and family. I got to spend some quality time with my sisters in the car. I got to take some beautiful drives (Alpine Loop and Ceder Breaks). It was an action pack, fun filled week and I won't ask for more.

No comments: