Friday, February 19, 2010

Knowledge Base

So I decided that it's important to have a good knowledge base. There is no way that one person could know everything, so it's about who you know and what they know. So my garbage disposal died about two weeks ago and I decided that it was finally time to fix it. Early this week I talked to a coworker who told me to check the power supply and if that wasn't the problem that I would have to just replace the unit. This morning when I checked the unit it didn't seem to have any problem with the power. So before running across the street to get a new unit I decided to call my mom. She shared with me a little hint. There is a reset switch located on the bottom of the unit that trips to stop the motor from over heating. I found the button on the bottom and amazingly the garbage disposal was working again. Yeah for mom's who know things. It saved me the time and effort (and money) of having to replace my garbage disposal. Now I can add the fact that there is a trip switch on a garbage disposal. Just thought I'd pass on the info, so you can increase your knowledge base too!

2 comments:

Austin said...

How long do you have to run your garbage disposal before the motor trips?

shell-bell said...

You know I'm not exactly sure. All I know is that it went out when Michelle was trying to grind up some lemon peels.